If you own an Orbi mesh WiFi system, then you might have noticed the various colors flashed by the satellite unit. Like the router, the satellite involved in the mesh WiFi system also has a ring and Power LED. This post is all about demystifying the messages conveyed by the various colors flashed by the LED lights of an Orbi mesh WiFi system satellite. In addition, you will also get to know the fixes to resolve any problem related to Orbi satellite colors. Let’s get started!
As mentioned earlier that the Orbi satellite has a power LED and a Ring LED, let’s start with a deeper understanding of the power LED of the satellite. The purpose of the Power LED is to determine the status of the stability of electricity being supplied to the satellite. Let’s find out how:
|Orbi Satellite Power LED Color||Meaning|
|Solid green||The satellite is powered on.|
|Solid amber||Your Orbi satellite is rebooting.|
|Pulsing amber||The device needs to be reconfigured.|
|Pulsing red||WiFi satellite needs some attention.|
So, these were the Orbi satellite colors meaning when they appear on the Power light. As you can see, when the device pulses red, it is demanding some attention. In that case, you are required to check the cable connections related to the Orbi satellite. Apart from this, refer to the tips mentioned in the next section to troubleshoot any issue related to the Power LED light of your satellite.
1. Ensure Proper Power Supply: The power LED on your Orbi satellite might not tell you about the exact status of the power being fetched if the wall plug used by you is not working perfectly. Therefore, never connect your Orbi satellite to a damaged socket.
2. Restart Your Satellite: Restarting your WiFi system’s satellite can also help you get relief from any issue related to Orbi satellite colors [here, the color flashed by Power LED]. The reason being, it is one of the most effective hacks to fix technical glitches.
Remember that our online support staff will always get you covered in case you’re unable to make everything perfect with respect to the color flashed by the Power LED of your Orbi satellite. But, for now, let us reveal the meanings of the various colors that appear on the Ring LED of the satellite.
Before understanding the meaning of the Orbi satellite colors on the Ring LED, know that your satellite is working well if you see no color on it i.e. it is OFF. Given below is the table explaining the messages conveyed by the flashing of various colors on the satellite’s Ring LED.
|Orbi Satellite Ring LED Color||Meaning|
|Solid white||Your satellite is booting.|
|Pulsing magenta||First time – the satellite is attempting to connect to the router.
More than a minute – the satellite is not getting IP from the router.
|Solid magenta||No connection between the Orbi WiFi router and satellite.|
|Solid blue||Good router-satellite connection|
|Amber||The fair connection between the router satellite|
1. Let the Satellite Boot: When you see the solid white color on your satellite, you are supposed to wait for some time and let it boot properly. You can consider the completion of the booting process if the Ring LED turns OFF.
2. Bring Satellite and Router Closer: Many users face Orbi satellite not connecting issue just because they do not place it close to the router. Know that you will not be able to fix the solid magenta light on the Orbi satellite if you do not place them at an appropriate distance.
3. Use an Ethernet Connection: Noticed your Orbi satellite pulsing magenta color? Well, this can happen if your satellite is struggling a lot to get the IP from the main router. In that case, we suggest you create an Ethernet backhaul connection using an Ethernet cable.
4. Do Not Place Your Devices Too Close: Although placing Orbi devices close to each other is a good practice, it is not best always. It is because if you do so, you are forcing their WiFi signals to get involved in a clash which is never a good thing.
Once you take care of the aforementioned things, your satellite’s Ring LED will never behave abnormally. On the off chance it does, then a firmware update might help you fix it.
If you are new to the world of networking, then let us tell you about the importance of firmware. It is software embedded in the hardware of every networking device that decides the overall output delivered by the device. The firmware needs to be updated so that the device can stay in competition with those housing the latest technologies and features. Hence, a firmware update also reduces the need of investing in a new gadget.
Therefore, if you want Orbi satellite colors to behave normally, you must keep its firmware updated. FYI, the firmware of the satellite can be updated either with the help of the orbilogin.net URL or via the Orbi mobile application.
Disclaimer: We at orbiloginet.com provide online support and information for issues with orbi devices. However, we are not involved with any particular organization or brand. The use of trademarks, brand names or logos used on the site should be considered only as for reference purpose. We provide run-time assistance to customers who directly approach us.